September 01, 2013

Rewind and Renew.

Let me take you back a few years to what was going on inside my world when the blogging ended. We moved from our beloved South Carolina to a tiny southern Utah town in mere weeks. It was a fast, rushed move and it was supposed to only be for one year. That was the plan, and plans always go according to how they were designed, right? 

We packed up our home, rented it out and began our journey out west. You see, there was a perfect storm, that allowed this move. My husband was going to be working predominately out west for the better part of a year and well, I grew up in California but spent every summer of my childhood going to this little oasis from the world called Mount Carmel, in the southern part of Utah. So upon hearing the work schedule I jumped at the chance to go back west. The biggest draw for me was that my grandmother lived there. She was like my mother growing up and being able to be in her presence and rest and grow under the leaves of her tree again, was too enticing. Not to mention the fact that this little town owned the majority of my heart and had done since the time I was small. 

In the blink of an eye we were trekking west with a crowded car, all of our earthly possessions in storage and the hope of an awfully big adventure. It took a week of driving and crying over the friends we left behind into the fear of the unknown. It would be OK because we were resolute in our decision that this would be best for our family. It ended up being exactly what we were all needing but didn't even know. Life tends to do that doesn't it? It serves you up lessons and blessings when you least expect it, and boy did we get our share of both.

 For now I will leave you with some of the photographs I took the first weeks we arrived. Going from a small suburb town where life was fairly predictable and structured to the pretty much the Wild West was going to take some adjusting to, but not much. 














Above, is the view that we were lucky enough to wake up to every morning. Pretty lucky weren't we? 


                                                                        xo Emily xo




3 comments:

Alyson | New England Living said...

Gorgeous photos, Emily!! So glad to see you are back to blogging!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Thanks my dear friend! Trying to feel my way around again ;)

Heather said...

wow, what a beautiful place! And what an exciting adventure! That view is amazing...