April 10, 2014

Clean Eating

Clean eating is not a new thing to me. Luckily, I was raised with a grandmother and mother that had a love for nutrition and good foods. My waist size doesn't reflect it right now ;) but we eat pretty healthy around these parts. 

Summer is quickly approaching and that means swimsuits see the light of day again. This always brings anxiety to my soul, so in an effort to avoid a swimsuit season meltdown, I am putting in a real effort to lose weight. I recently started a one month challenge with some friends, called Whole 30. It's basically no dairy, no sugar, no processed food, no bread, no legumes, no grains. Yeah, pretty much everything is off limit. You can eat as our early ancestors would have eaten though. That means real food, you just eat real food. Fish, chicken, beef, veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. 

I am feeling so good, losing weight quickly and just feeling better all around. I'm not hungry and the cravings for sugar have subsided. 

I made some yummy snacks today for the moments I might need a little something sweet or salty. Apple and plantain chips. They are soooo yummy! A little sprinkled cinnamon on the apples made them divine. For the plantains I put a little sprinkle of kosher salt. Half of the plantains I also put chilli pepper flakes for some heat. Pop them in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit and voila! Healthy, unprocessed snack. 




Try them! You'll be so glad you did. 

Xo Emily xo

2 comments:

pattianne70 said...

These look great! I'll definitely give them a try.

Heather said...

It looks pretty yummy to me! So glad you're doing so well and feeling so good!~